Thursday, November 12, 2009

Soupy delights

My favorite lunch back in Manhattan is offered at Tang's Pavilion in the form of soup dumplings.... mmm so tasty. I knew at some point I would be able to find myself a challenger for best dumpling, and I did just that in Vientiane.  A shop known as a specialty dumpling shop had so many different varieties of meat... duck, pork, chicken, shrimp, etc. but I needed to order the pork dumps for the apples to apples comparison.  My assessment: immediate reaction was concern. These did not look like the soup dumplings I was used to, but I was relieved once the soup touched my lips to feel like I was home again. Amazing seasoning of the pork inside the dumpling and probably the best I have ever tasted.  The soup inside this tasty morsel was excellent although I strongly feel they could have double-stuffed more in.  The shell of the dumpling was a bit dry for my taste but overall these dumps were amazing.  Also amazing was the fact that we ordered a dozen dumps as well as a two person Peking Duck set all for under ten bucks... gotta love Asia for its cheap food.


No comments:

Post a Comment